Tuesday 27 September 2016

Minor Project: Anxiety Bird Continuous line drawings

After speaking to Phil it's been decided that the Anxiety Bird will have some friends (details coming soon) and in order for them to be consistent they need to have a certain style to them. Phil suggested looking at wire sculptures and experimenting with continuous line. These are the results of my experiments. 

1

2

3


5




9

I think there's something really nice about number 3 here and I think the next stage is to continue drawing with some closeups on wings, etc.

Share:

5 comments:

  1. I suggest looking at Don't Starve (The game) for how they kept a consistent style across everything but more importantly the animals and monsters! :

    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dont-starve-game/images/7/71/World_3_Tall_Bird_Nests.png/revision/latest?cb=20130328153924
    http://www.jsand.net/dontstarvegame/_media/bestiary:redbird.png

    http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Mobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like many of these much more than the previous incarnations - particularly 1, 2 and 3. I suggest you simply make more of these - keep them coming, growing your confidence and your expressiveness as you do so. If you're not doing so already, try working on much bigger sheets of paper and using strong thick marker pen or similar to create bold, emphatic lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and yes ... 3 has something - melancholy and menace - also, try and keep the drawings complete and central on the page, so you're not cutting off their feet etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on A2 at the moment! I've still got about 20 sheets left but my poor markers need replacing already! :'( I'll continue with this tomorrow :)

      Delete